iSikh - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
iSikh - Forum

Hello and Welcome to iSikh forums......Please visit the introduce yourself section in our forum to let everyone know some information about you....Thanks
Give us your ideas and suggestion on what you would like to see this time in our camps that was not available last time. Tell us how you want the camp to improve and any other suggestion you would like to give. Click here to give your suggestion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

iSikh Website Ideas

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1iSikh Website Ideas Empty iSikh Website Ideas Sun 19 Apr 2009, 5:05 pm

Davi Singh

Administrator
Administrator

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa. Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

To all the members of this forum this discussion topic is going to be centered on creating a new website for iSikh by anyone who is interest. We do need to come up with a tentative design and content which will be contained within the website. And the nitty gritty if the project will also be discussed such as which languages will be used create and maintain the website, which program will be used to write the code and how will the page be uploaded.

Anyone with any knowledge of web design or willing to learn about web design is welcome to volunteer in the project.

Please Note: This topic will only

discuss ideas which will be presented

to the elders of iSikh for approval

after which the actual action of coding

would begin

Hope everyone enjoyes their weekend.

Last edited by Davi Singh on Sun 19 Apr 2009, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

2iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Sun 19 Apr 2009, 5:13 pm

Davi Singh

Administrator
Administrator

To start things off abit I am thinking if our domain will be isikh.org how are we planning to get it? How much web space are we looking to invest in?

as for the contents i am thinking of having a link of the website that leads to this forum therefore we can get the best of both worlds by having a forum as well as the website. we should try and put together the agenda for each and every Gurdwara in atleast Nairobi of the events they are planning and obviously their dates and location.

one weird question though who is our target audience???

everyone please do contribute your ideas on any aspect of the discussion you feel important cheers

3iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 20 Apr 2009, 4:39 pm

Deepak Singh

Deepak Singh
VIP
VIP

Davi paji uv gt an awesome idea...all othr sikh's out there cn browse thru n get extra info....bt 1st of ol...y dnt u hkay n jas sit 2gthr n discuss on mekin an org sit

4iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 20 Apr 2009, 4:43 pm

Deepak Singh

Deepak Singh
VIP
VIP

N yeah...i did nt mean 2 have a sit n talk...u shud have a chat on gmail or u cn join mig 4 sum tym 2 have a grup chat

5iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 20 Apr 2009, 9:08 pm

Davi Singh

Administrator
Administrator

Deepak Singh the thing is that all of us have a very limited span of thought therefore introducing a wider audience to the discussion would help us in getting a wider prospective of things. dnt worry the end decision will be made by all of us

6iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:26 pm

Hkay

Hkay
Active User
Active User

Fateh ji ... very productive discussion already .. !
Deepak as Davi said having an open forum chat will allow us to get a feel of what people would like on the website ..
I will sit and pen my thoughts and ideas on the website and share them with you lot soon .. (fingers crossed)
VJKK, VJKF

7iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 20 Apr 2009, 10:59 pm

Jas

Jas
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

i agree with you hkay and davi...we should get the idea of all the people we can so that we can make the site look great and yeah hkay we will discuss some about the site on sunday Smile

https://isikh.forumotion.com

8iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Thu 23 Apr 2009, 8:43 pm

Davi Singh

Administrator
Administrator

Ahheeemmm!!! guys bwana this is not good not a single idea in a week comeon guys get some pencils and papers out and start sketching how you would like the website to look like.

9iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Sat 25 Apr 2009, 10:55 pm

Deepak Singh

Deepak Singh
VIP
VIP

VJKK VJKF
Paji we are gonna sit 2gether 2mrw n put ol our thots 2gethr n let u know by monday what we have plannd

10iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Sun 26 Apr 2009, 4:26 am

Hkay

Hkay
Active User
Active User

Davi Veerji .. you have to excuse us .. we are very busy with the traithlon .. lol

11iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 27 Apr 2009, 8:02 pm

Jas

Jas
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

My question here is that how are we going to make the site...are we using any kind of software or it is made on the web....i would personally suggest to use a software coz i think that is much more easier than on the web...let us have everyones suggestions on this..

12iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 27 Apr 2009, 10:15 pm

Davi Singh

Administrator
Administrator

Jaspreet Singh ji what you are thinking about is a blog but if you want a full fledged website I would suggest using HTML in which case we would have to do the coding manually. I personally use notepad++ for coding and previewing the page. alternatively you could use dreamweaver (latest version is CS4 which is about $300 if u wana buy it) where you can do it visually instead of coding each and every element.

Jaspreet had a quick question are we planing to get a domian and upload the website locally or is it going to be done by an ISP.

Guys if you guys are scared about HTML coding or have no idea of how to do it i could probably sort that but please do pass on any ideas that u guys have in form of sketches or something creative Smile

13iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Mon 27 Apr 2009, 11:12 pm

Jas

Jas
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well about the domain we have to wait for Hkay to tell us how we are going to purchase the domain and for the software...I dont think we should purchase it....I think we can use the html....And am nt that gud in the coding but for that davi and hkay are perfect, so there will be no problem...Well now lets wait for hkay to tell us how we are planning to get the domain...

14iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Sat 02 May 2009, 5:47 pm

Davi Singh

Administrator
Administrator

for the domain i do think that its important to discuss the contents of the website before we decide how to get it. due to the lack of response on this subject i would honestly recommend that building a website for iSikh at this stage would be unwise and unpractical. guys i think if there is no discussion going on in this topic it would probably serve better to shut it down until a later time when there are a few more people who visit the forum on a regular basis.

15iSikh Website Ideas Empty Re: iSikh Website Ideas Sat 02 May 2009, 7:51 pm

Jas

Jas
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Well davi i totally agree with you..... We cant really get a lot of feedback about the site at the moment....and if we talk about getting more people on the forum, i dont know how that is possible....At the moment we have 22 registered users and from those 22 only 3 users are always active...if we tell people to join our forum the only thing they will do is join but never visit...well i dont understand why people cannot take just a few minutes to read the messages and give a reply.....it doesn't even take more than 5 minutes to do that..... It is pointless to get users who are not active....other than the three of us no one else comes online.... Well this forum is just like facebook....just pay a visit, give your comments and leave but even that is not being done by anyone else other than me you and hkay....well i dont know how we are going to make it.......Crying or Very sad

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum