iSikh - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
iSikh - Forum

Hello and Welcome to iSikh forums......Please visit the introduce yourself section in our forum to let everyone know some information about you....Thanks
Give us your ideas and suggestion on what you would like to see this time in our camps that was not available last time. Tell us how you want the camp to improve and any other suggestion you would like to give. Click here to give your suggestion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Empty iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Sat 06 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

Jas

Jas
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

This topic has been created so that we can have the thoughts of everyone on what they want in this years smagam. If you have any ideas or suggestion please post them here or email us at feedback@isikh.tk .

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

https://isikh.forumotion.com

2iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Empty Re: iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Thu 11 Jun 2009, 5:38 am

Deepak Singh

Deepak Singh
VIP
VIP

VJKK VJKF
Jas i think am all sorted with this camp! Its gonna be a life time remembarance time in our lives!
VJKK VJKF

3iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Empty Re: iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Mon 29 Jun 2009, 6:19 pm

paradigm shifter

WahegurujikakhalsaWahegurujikifateh!!!!

Couple of things. First of all, the chap in bhangra gear on isikh site does not represent sikhi and I feel should be swapped before the wrong message goes across. The main poster is fine, I have a feeling I know who that Gursikh is, very Chardhi Kala naujawan!!

The nitnem routine should include all panj bania, otherwise how could we call it nitnem routine?

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||
One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(n)mrith sar naavai ||
Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai ||
Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa har naam dhhiaavai ||
Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo saas giraas dhhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai ||
One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai ||
That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||
Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

We have managed to get Bhai Manveer Singh Ji who does lectures to come as well. Please let us know what topics you would like him to discuss so that he can prepare for them.

I will also suggest a plan on another thread.

wahegurjikakhalsawahegurujikifateh!!!

4iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Empty Re: iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Mon 29 Jun 2009, 7:30 pm

Hkay

Hkay
Active User
Active User

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I will look in to getting the Bhangra dude changed .. its just that we were using those as teaser posters and our main poster is the Gursikh Veerji that you are mentioning.

We have incorporated a Full Nitnem Session in to our Morning Timetable .. Although unfortunately due to past experiences, we will not be having it very early in the morning .. so Morning Nitnem will be starting at 6.00 a.m. with Simran.

The theme of the smagam is based around Kirt Karni, Naam Japna and Vand Chakna .. so lectures based on these would e good.

Paji is Bhai Manveer Singh ji the same person who had come to Uni of Westminster during the London Sikhi Month in 2008??

Your feedbacks are very welcome paji ..

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

5iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Empty Re: iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Sun 05 Jul 2009, 2:00 pm

Montu

Can we sleep in da lecture rooms. Lol

6iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Empty Re: iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Sun 05 Jul 2009, 8:37 pm

paradigm shifter

WahegurujikakhalsaWahegurujikifateh!!!

There should be no sleeping in lectures, otherwise stay at home and sleep all you want.

Bhenji I had given the Shabad previously so that we can try and follow Gurmat as much as we can. In as much as previous experience has led to a late Nitnem, I think the camp itself should be setting a good example by getting others to get up early. It is only for a few days and I am yet to hear of anyone having side affects of waking up early and doing Abhyaas except that one's batteries get energized.

There is nothing comparable to an early amritvela with the sadhsangat. One cannot talk about it but rather let experience do the talking. It is my humble benti to the organizers to let us have an early session and let the sangat decide for themselves their experience. When we take one step towards Guru then Guru takes a thousand steps towards us. Those who fear waking up early have to have bharosa in Gurusahib to get us up by doing ardas. The Guru always listens.

And haanji ji, It is Bhai Manvir Singh Banburywale who will be attending.
http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/

We are also trying to get Bhai Gurbir Singh Ji TarnTaranwale.

Thank you ji.

wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh!!!

7iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Empty Re: iSikh 2009 Smagam ideas Mon 06 Jul 2009, 2:19 am

Montu

I think u still dont know me boy. I say some1 is teachin me to stay at home. HahaHahaHahaHaha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum